[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Monticello-cmm.461.mcz

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Mon Apr 25 19:02:17 UTC 2011

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:

> Chris Muller uploaded a new version of Monticello to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Monticello-cmm.461.mcz

> Name: Monticello-cmm.461
> Author: cmm
> Time: 24 April 2011, 7:16:14.664 pm
> UUID: 8bac38b5-8083-4b26-9b55-3c26fd8bc16f
> Ancestors: Monticello-nice.460
>
> - Extend support for MCConfigurations to regular MCDirectoryRepository's.
> - Categorized some methods.
> - Constructor method for MCDirectoryRepository.
> - Fixed memory-leak; when a repository adds to its 'cache', it should always keep it resized.

There are two new failing tests after these changes:
- MCSnapshotTest >> #testCreation
- MCChangeNotificationTest >> #testExtMethodModified

Also, some tests sometimes fail, because they ran for more than five
seconds (on my pc with Cog). The cause of the slowdown is
MCFileBasedRepository >> #readableFileNames's #difference: calculation
(O(n*m) runtime). In theory it would be faster (O(n+m)) to create a Set
from the argument, but calculating the hash (and the equality) of
MCVersionName is too slow to make this faster in practical cases.

Levente