[squeak-dev] Browser gets confused when you delete a class

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Tue Apr 26 06:19:51 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Frank Shearar
<frank.shearar at angband.za.org> wrote:

> These bugs are manifesting because of poor test coverage, because the tests
> are difficult to write. I don't want to actually install new classes in
> global structures just to test the Browser (although I must admit I haven't
> looked at what Monticello does - maybe it does exactly this?).

Yes, Monticello does exactly this. OmniBrowser too. The approach has a
lot of drawbacks, but ultimately it's the only way to really test dev
tools.

The drawbacks: slow tests, packages being marked dirty when they're
not, incredible amounts of noise in the changes file, debris left in
the image when tests fail.

Colin