[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Tools-cmm.345.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Tue Apr 26 21:52:54 UTC 2011

Chris Muller uploaded a new version of Tools to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Tools-cmm.345.mcz

Name: Tools-cmm.345
Author: cmm
Time: 26 April 2011, 4:52:23.944 pm
UUID: 7a2540fa-74ca-48f1-80a9-0cb69ab07518
Ancestors: Tools-fbs.344

- Added hot-keys for browse of inst-var refs or defs, reducing the number required number of UI gestures for this from 3 to 1.  This is something developers use 100 times per day!
- Rename "recent classes" to new-millenium nomenclature:  "back".  Changed hot-key accordingly.

=============== Diff against Tools-fbs.344 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Browser>>systemCategoryMenu: (in category 'system category functions') -----
  systemCategoryMenu: aMenu
  	self
  		menuHook: aMenu
  		named: #systemCategoryMenu
  		shifted: false.
  	Preferences useOnlyServicesInMenu ifTrue:[^aMenu].

  	^ aMenu labels:
  'find class... (f)
+ back... (b)
- recent classes... (r)
  browse all
  browse
  printOut
  fileOut
  reorganize
  alphabetize
  update
  add item...
  rename...
  remove'
  	lines: #(2 4 6 8)
  	selections:
  		#(findClass recent browseAllClasses buildSystemCategoryBrowser
  		printOutSystemCategory fileOutSystemCategory
  		editSystemCategories alphabetizeSystemCategories updateSystemCategories
  		addSystemCategory renameSystemCategory removeSystemCategory )!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: StringHolder>>classListKey:from: (in category '*Tools') -----
  classListKey: aChar from: view
  	"Respond to a Command key.  I am a model with a list of classes and a
  	code pane, and I also have a listView that has a list of methods.  The
  	view knows how to get the list and selection."

  	aChar == $f ifTrue: [^ self findMethod].
+ 	aChar == $r ifTrue: [^ self browseInstVarRefs].
+ 	aChar == $d ifTrue: [^ self browseInstVarDefs].
- 	aChar == $r ifTrue: [^ self recent].
  	aChar == $h ifTrue: [^ self spawnHierarchy].
  	aChar == $x ifTrue: [^ self removeClass].
  	^ self messageListKey: aChar from: view!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: StringHolder>>systemCatListKey:from: (in category '*Tools') -----
  systemCatListKey: aChar from: view
  	"Respond to a Command key.  I am a model with a code pane, and I also have a listView that has a list of methods.  The view knows how to get the list and selection."

  	aChar == $f ifTrue: [^ self findClass].
  	aChar == $x ifTrue: [^ self removeSystemCategory].
+ 	aChar == $b ifTrue: [^ self recent].
  	^ self classListKey: aChar from: view!