ObjectTracer inheritance problem (was: Re: [squeak-dev] Tool problem: flattenHierarchy...)

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 16:38:57 UTC 2011

After some digging, I finally discovered the cause of this "tool"
problem is that there are two classes in the system which each have
ObjectTracer class (and, therefore its subclass, ObjectViewer class)
as a subclass.  The two superclasses are, Class and ProtoObject class.
 I guess Class should have ObjectTracer class removed as its other
subclass besides ProtoObject?

This is true even in our latest Squeak4.3alpha-11314 image on the ftp
server.   :-(

I see that Kernel-bf.565 made a change related in this area.

Any advice or action is greatly appreciated.

 - Chris