[squeak-dev] SUnit: Signal storing and XML conversion

Seckler, Eric Eric.Seckler at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Aug 3 13:59:12 UTC 2011

Hello everyone!

We've been working on a simple CI server for Squeak for a university project.
Therefore, we needed to add two features to the SUnit implementation of Squeak:
1) Storing of error/failure signals in the TestResult object during the test execution.
    (You can enable the storing with "testResult storeSignals: true".
    You will then find the signals for each test case in "testResult signals".)
2) XUnit-style XML conversion of the TestResult.
    (Just use "testResult asXMLDocument".)

Those two features basically cover the following tickets in the SUnit project tracker:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1300818&group_id=77155&atid=549357
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=743439&group_id=77155&atid=549357

As there has not been much progress there and we got the impression that each smalltalk dialect maintains its own SUnit project,
we figured that it might make more sense to send our changes to the squeak-dev list first.
Maybe you would like to integrate them in your project - and even if not, somebody else might find them useful.

I've attached the changes we made as .st file (should work against current trunk version 86).
Test cases are included as well.

Best regards
Eric Seckler

-----