[squeak-dev] Re: TextMorph takes to much space in layout

r2ruyu-nana at yahoo.de r2ruyu-nana at yahoo.de
Sun Aug 14 17:56:12 UTC 2011

Thank you for your answer!

You addressed the layoutChanged problem, but isn't there a way to make
TextMorph behave like an ordinary Morph concerning hResizing:#spaceFill? I
don't want a fixed width.

In case there is no such way, what would be a nice method to encapsulate the
layoutChanged call? I've a complex morph with many submorphs arranged, and now
I would need to 'openInWorld' that big widget and get a reference to all
TextMorphs to call layoutChanged for them in order to adapt the parent
widgets...that's not nice :(

Another possible, but ugly solution which came into my mind: calling
aTextMorph #contents:#wrappedTo: in the step method of the TextMorph (or my
subclass of it) using the width of the parent (if parent is not nil).

Sincerely,
   r2ruyu