[squeak-dev] Glorp for Squeak?

Alexander Lazarević laza at blobworks.com
Mon Aug 15 17:24:19 UTC 2011

2011/8/15 Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu>

> No, we're calling stored procedures, which in theory can be written in any
> language.

Interesting.

Is this [1] the right resource for the V3 Postgres code for Squeak 4.x? I
was just looking at it and 2/12 tests failed and without too much
documentation I tried the following:

createuser -P test
createdb -O test test # with password test
psql -Utest -hlocalhost -c"\dt" # just to check I can connect via a socket

now I did the following in a workspace (with and without the Cryptography
package in place):

| connection |
(Installer ss project: 'Cryptography') install: 'Cryptography'.
(Installer ss project: 'PostgresV3') install: 'PostgresV3'.
connection := PG3TestConnectionPool default getConnection.

Which just fails with a "Couldn't get a connection in 2000 milliseconds!"

Alex

[1] http://www.squeaksource.com/PostgresV3