[squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board minutes – 8/16/11

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 16:01:55 UTC 2011

Attending: Chris Muller, Bert Freudenberg, Colin Putney, Randal
Schwartz, Levente Uzonyi, Jecel Assumpacao Jr., Chris Cunnington, Craig
Latta

    * Craig Latta discussed an early release of Spoon; there was a Spoon
      debugging bull session

    * Spoon project category on Mantis requested, and created

    * trademark policy -  what if somebody creates a product with the
      name Squeak that we disagree with? issues around that were explored

    * It's the job of the board to manage the name "Squeak." That
      implies managing the domain name squeak.org (among others), the
      services provided there, the mailing list, official releases of
      the Squeak product etc. We do that based on the moral authority
      that comes out of the election process, since we don't have a
      legal ownership of the name. We're also making explicit our
      historical position of not objecting to derivative names, such as
      Squeak Germany, SiliconSqueak, Stable Squeak, SqueakSource and the
      like.

    * the future of SqueakSource was discussed