[squeak-dev] Wiki after com-swiki.

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Wed Aug 17 20:24:27 UTC 2011

om

I've had a great time with Com-swiki. I mean, how can you beat "just
click the green box" as a startup procedure! =P

but com-swiki hasn't been maintained in 6 years and it's starting to
show its age. (66.92.168.49).

I think it is time for me to start looking at an update. I am running it
on an Athlon 800, 384mb ram. I am migrating my network, as much as
possible, to IPv6 compatibility, in anticipation of getting on the new
internet in a few decades time...

I am only beginning the process of migration. I'll need a replacement
platform, which will probably require a few hunderd times more effort to
set up. =\ Then I'll need to export and transition my content from the
few pages I have right now.

Anyway, I'm really sad to see Com Swiki go, it's one of the very few
pieces of Good Software I've had the pleasure of using in recent years.

--
E T F
N H E

Powers are not rights.