[squeak-dev] Re: Spoon 3 alpha 3 released

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Tue Aug 30 21:01:42 UTC 2011

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011, Craig Latta wrote:

>> I can't run on Win 7 Swedish.
>> I get a popup notifier that the side by side configuration is wrong?
>
>     Google tells me that this has something to do with a DLL being of
> the wrong format. I'm using the Flow VM plugin, and I probably need to
> rebuild it on a Windows 7 machine. Unfortunately, I don't have access to
> Windows 7 at the moment (only Windows XP).
>
>     Are you able to to operate MSVC Express on your Windows 7 machine?
> Would you be willing to rebuild the Flow plugin?
>
>     http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7665

The problem also exists on my Windows Vista. The event log has some
reports (in hungarian) about problems with SxS, which is Microsoft's
Side-by-Side technology
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Side-by-side_assembly ). I guess using
Visual Studio 2010 Express, or some gnu toolchain for VM building would
fix the problem.

Levente