[squeak-dev] [Q] How can I use Fuel in old version of squeak (without traits)?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 15:56:24 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 12:15 PM, Sungjin Chun <chunsj at gmail.com> wrote:

> I found that Fuel is very promising persistent mechanism for me but I
> found that it seems that
> Fuel needs trais to work(which I'm not sure but simple file-in does
> not work on 3.8).
>
> Anyone can help me on this problem?

Hi Sungjin. Older versions of Fuel used Traits in several places: in its
core and in the tests. Right now, it is used only in a small part of the
tests. Not even in the core.
My advice is that you take a Pharo image with latest Fuel and file out some
packages. You will need the packages Fuel and FuelTests. Fuel can be
fileOut right ahead since there are no traits. For FuelTests, do a special
fileout which flattens the traits. For more details, please read:
http://forum.world.st/support-for-flattening-out-traits
-for-export-tp3578252p3580333.html

http://forum.world.st/Fuel-a-fast-object-deployment-tool-td3078569i60.html#a3605939

Then you would also probably need the compatibility packages such as:
FuelCompatibilityBeforePharo12, FuelCompatibilityBeforePharo13, and
FuelCompatibilityForSqueak.
Inspect ConfigurationOfFuel >> #baseline18:   to get you an idea.

Cheers

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com