[squeak-dev] Re: Package Pane Browser Broken

Christopher Oliver current.input.port at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 19:34:08 UTC 2011

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 07:44:21 -0800 (PST)
glenpaling <slp5591 at me.com> wrote:

> To be clear change
>
> classList

My worry here is that this changes only one use of mapping between packageXcategory and system category.  When I looked at the senders, browser makes several invocations, and likely all need to see this.  I did note that PackagePaneBrowser>>selectedSystemCategoryName was redundant, and have submitted an Inbox to delete this, and I've also submitted a patch to the unit test for PackagePaneBrowser to reflect that selectedSystemCategoryName returns a single symbol for the system category.  I suspect all this pain indicates that the PPB is a bit of a kluge as it creates a fiction, and the lie is hard to keep up over time.

--
Christopher Oliver <current.input.port at gmail.com>