[squeak-dev] [ANN] Koans for Teaching the Basics of Smalltalk

Christopher Oliver current.input.port at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 01:27:40 UTC 2011

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 15:24:53 -0800
Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I try 100000 factorial on the Mac in a trunk 4.2 image and I hit
> command-. the debugger does not appear.  If, on the Mac with the same VM, I
> try 100000 factorial in my Qwaq-derived image the debugger comes up
> immediately I hit command-. .  So the difference is not the platform, but
> the image.

To test that idea, I tried adding "SmalltalkImage current quitPrimitive" after
the "InterruptSemaphore wait" in InputSensor>>userInterruptWatcher, and squeak shuts
down quickly after I hit the interrupt key with the 100000 factorial test, so that
seems to support this.

--
Christopher Oliver <current.input.port at gmail.com>