[squeak-dev] Smalltalk pre-80 (circa 1975)

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 02:05:46 UTC 2011

I found something which may be of interest to the historically inclined. I had yet to encounter a substantial amount of code from any period before Smalltalk started looking like Smalltalk-80, until tonight. Not sure how I found it, as I forgot all about what I was doing when I did (easily distracted by shiny things.)

This looks like a pot of gold where value is what satisfies curiosity.

http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/xerox/

There's code from '75 (if the docs are labeled accurately) in the Smalltalk directory... but I'm currently a bit distracted by the Alto directory:)

Thought I'd share.