[squeak-dev] Re: The Trunk: Tools-bf.391.mcz

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Fri Dec 16 14:11:24 UTC 2011

I disagree that it is obscure.

It is very easy for a beginner to mistakenly get Smalltalk into a
tight loop. I have done it myself, and I have loaded others' code that
made Squeak uninterruptible.

The user interrupt should be a selling point for Squeak, not a
discouragement. Unfortunately, beginners, no matter how clueful, are
likely to be discouraged by a broken promise, rather than seek out
advice to turn off logging in their image.

FWIW, I haven't tested Bert's patch, but I think the proposal to
comment out one line is appropriately minimal for a pre-release code
freeze.

David