[squeak-dev] Squeak 4.3 released

Gary Dunn garydunnhi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 23:28:14 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Chris Cunnington
<smalltalktelevision at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://ftp.squeak.org/4.3/Squeak4.3.zip
>

> Welcome to the release of Squeak 4.3.

Good news!

Except I just tried loading one of my projects and it failed. I was
hoping project files would be relatively immune from OS upgrades but
even this minor upgrade is not compatible. I looked briefly at the
back trace but I cannot see where to begin. Is there a way I can
copy/paste the back trace to a mail message?

On the larger issue, what is the best way to save a project so that it
will load into future releases? Is every developer expected to do
their own image management?

In any case, I like where Squeak is going. I just hope people keep the
neat old apps up to date; see the recent chatter about irc.
--
Gary Dunn
Honolulu