[squeak-dev] Scripy

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 21:37:38 UTC 2011

On 28 December 2011 20:24, Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2005 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/28/11 3:16 PM, "Darius Clarke" <socinian at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> But a current SqueakMap refresh in 4.3 has almost none of the prior
>> applications in it any more. It's been neglected too by the community.
>>
>  SqueakMap should go to Museum of ThingsWeUsedALongTimeAgo.
>
> Pharo do not have it and we do need it IMHO
>
>  Monticello is how modern Squeak load packages.

Monticello is an SCM. It tracks how some piece of software changes. It
is not a thing used to find a package. Monticello on its own is
nowhere near sufficient. That's why the Pharo people use Metacello.
And how do we find out where ConfigurationOfYourPackage lives? Google?
Oh, right, we'd need a site that listed packages that could load in
some version of Squeak. We happen to have that: it's called SqueakMap.

frank