[squeak-dev] More squeak tutorials: simple algorithm visualization tool

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Fri Dec 30 00:50:50 UTC 2011

I'm working on a tool to  visualize  simple algorithms and data
structures for my tutorials

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8mimAy5_es&list=PL6601A198DF14788D&index=48&feature=plpp_video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAA0mGRAQwY&list=PL6601A198DF14788D&index=49&feature=plpp_video

Currently, it only supports display of Array>>at:  #at:put:   #wrapAt:
#wrapAt:put:

in the near term, I'm working on the display of operations on the the
elementary data structures like linked lists, trees, etc,  with the
elementary algorithms for sorting/searching/insert/delete/etc.

I'm refactoring as I go. The second iteration still needs much work even
within the context of Array methods.

Suggestions/comments/criticisms welcome, thanks.

Lawson