[squeak-dev] 4.2 update configuration (was: trunk development)

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 17:44:31 UTC 2011

Ok, I've studied our update code, but have a couple of questions.

First, what is the "Squeak-Version" package about?  Is it merely to
declare which update number we're at?  I didn't see where this has any
bearing on the actual update processing.

I've copied the update-ar.1.mcm configuration to the new 4.2
repository, but I don't see whether any further change is needed.  The
"1" version number of the mcm configuration file is only used to
filter out all of the "update-xxx.mcm" files with a lower version
number (minVersion), but since we only have one configuration that is
not used.

Then there is MCMcmUpdater's "LastUpdateMap" class variable.  This
gives us the minVersion update number for a particular repository but,
in my image, both #'s (for 'trunk' and for '4.1') are very low.

Thanks..
  Chris