[squeak-dev] attaching external documentation to package

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 06:31:51 UTC 2011

On 2/6/11 8:48 PM, "Ralph Boland" <rpboland at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to create some documentation for a Squeak package I am writing.
> The documentation will be in the form of a Lyx file.  Since some
> people are not familiar with Lyx I will also generate from Lyx the
> corresponding .pdf file.  If preferred I could instead generate a
> .ps, .tex, .odt, or .html file but a .pdf file seems best to me.
>
> The question is: How do I add these files to my package?
>
> It would be nice if Monticello allowed the attachment of additional files
> when generating a .mcz file and then recognized which files were not
> source and so did not attempt to load these additional files.
> Of course there would also need to be a way to extract these additional
> files from the .mcz file.
>
> But of course Monticello doesn't support this at present.
> So I repeat my question: How do I add these files to my package?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ralph Boland

MultimediaMonticello (was ProcustesEnd) solves this problem.
You can add any kind of additional resources like pdf, gif, png, jpg,
morphs, etc.
And save your package in SqueakSource.
SqueakLight3 have it and is 3.8 to 4.2 compatible.
I need to recheck all and maybe could put the needed logic in FunSqueak.
Stay tuned.

Edgar