[squeak-dev] Re: New numbers! (was Re: [Vm-dev] Squeak vs Python "smack down")

Stefan Marr squeak at stefan-marr.de
Wed Feb 9 17:02:37 UTC 2011

Hi Göran:

On 09 Feb 2011, at 17:46, Göran Krampe wrote:

> Yes, I know. I even talked with Eliot about this just the other day. Now, that would take some effort though - even though Eliot has a few of those benchmarks I think. Sqystone on the other hand I already had.
What exactly would need to be done for that?
I saw quite a number of the standard benchmarks in the CVS repo of the benchmark game and am using some for performance regression testing for the RoarVM.

Well, personally I would be more interested in parallel benchmarks, but I could possibly give a hand and extend my set of benchmarks, too.

A while ago Igor also talked about tracking performance, as Step did today. So there might be some time and interest.

And with regard to tracking, PyPy's speed center is really nice.
I modified it to have it up and running for our purposes. It is certainly a nice option.

https://github.com/tobami/codespeed

Best regards
Stefan

--