[squeak-dev] Squeak.org, link now 4.3 All-in-One

K. K. Subramaniam kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 05:38:26 UTC 2011

On Thursday 10 Feb 2011 4:04:36 pm Janko Mivšek wrote:
> There is now a link to All-in-One 4.2 distro only on
> http://www.squeak.org Download box. I propose that we stay with that
> link only instead of three, separate for Linux, Mac and Win as before.
+1. The platform-specific code is quite small compared to the shared code and
the proportion is decreasing over time. Having it all in one directory makes
it easy to carry Squeak on a USB stick and use it on any available machine
regardless of the OS.

On Windows, the risks of malware attacks are high so I create a MD5 checksum
of critical files for detecting modifications. It would be useful if such a file
is included in the download itself.

I don't use Windows much but I found making Squeak a Portable App instead of
installing it to be useful:
 http://lists.squeakland.org/pipermail/etoys-dev/2010-September/005650.html

Subbu