[squeak-dev] The Inbox: System-nice.423.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Mon Feb 14 22:26:14 UTC 2011

A new version of System was added to project The Inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/System-nice.423.mcz

Name: System-nice.423
Author: nice
Time: 14 February 2011, 11:25:40.881 pm
UUID: 569a83d9-33fd-4e74-9f98-124f5c107470
Ancestors: System-ul.422

Just a reminder that fakes are not tolerated any more and that further clean-up is required. Apologies if I obfuscated the comments a bit, I couldn't resist, it was like giving a wink to Pharo's Comment Of The Day Contest.

If you find it serious enough, push to trunk, or finish the job.

=============== Diff against System-ul.422 ===============

Item was changed:
  Object subclass: #FakeClassPool
  	instanceVariableNames: ''
  	classVariableNames: ''
  	poolDictionaries: ''
  	category: 'System-Tools'!

+ !FakeClassPool commentStamp: 'nice 2/14/2011 23:15' prior: 0!
+ FakeClassPool has always been a Fake, a Class, but never was a Pool.
+ It has been a great hack in its time, dressing with the classPool and sharedPool of other classes.
+ After some glorious years of betrayal, double-crossing, perfidy, treason and treachery, it finally lost its power.
+ Wandering here and there in the Squeak image like a ghost without a raison d'etre, it started inspiring curiosity to entomologists and pity to programmers.
+ You who encountered this class, find the courage and give it a death blow, it's now crying for mercy.!
- !FakeClassPool commentStamp: '<historical>' prior: 0!
- The sole purpose of this class is to allow the Browser code pane to evaluate the class variables of the class whose method it is showing.  It does this by stuffing a pointer to the classpool dictionary of the class being shown into its own classpool.  It does this just around a doIt in the code pane.  An instance of FakeClasspool is then used as the receiver of the doIt.!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: FakeClassPool class>>adopt: (in category 'initialize') -----
+ adopt: mySon
+ 	"Don't be disappointed, a fake is a fake, and it won't adopt you my son.
+ 	Anyway, look at returned statement, this parent would have been too selfish."
+
+ 	^self
- adopt: classOrNil
- 	"Temporarily use the classPool and sharedPools of another class"
- 	classOrNil isBehavior
- 		ifFalse: [classPool := nil.
- 				sharedPools := nil]
- 		ifTrue: [classPool := classOrNil classPool.
- 				sharedPools := classOrNil sharedPools]
  !