[squeak-dev] Daily Commit Log

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Mon Feb 14 23:55:02 UTC 2011

Changes to Trunk (http://source.squeak.org/trunk.html) in the last 24 hours:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2011-February/004281.html

Name: Graphics-ul.178
Ancestors: Graphics-ul.177

- fix: characterToGlyphMap is nil for StrikeFonts with more than 256 characters, which will raise an error in #widthOf:. I think it would be better to use something like IdentityGlyphMap with such StrikeFonts (maybe all of them?).

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2011-February/004282.html

Name: Morphic-nice.519
Ancestors: Morphic-mtf.518

Get rid of FakeClassPool adopt:
RATIONALE:
1) this is useless
A FakeClassPool instance is used only in case of a nil #doItReceiver, so it is always adopting nil and does not pass any pool of interest.

2) this is useless
For a long time, the Compiler no longer needs a FakeClassPool instance in order to access the class and shared variables. Anyway, it was not a nice feature to use a global variable to pass states to the Compiler, was it ?

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2011-February/004283.html

Name: ST80-nice.123
Ancestors: ST80-nice.122

Get rid of FakeClassPool adopt: because it is useless.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2011-February/004284.html

Name: Tools-nice.297
Ancestors: Tools-nice.296

Get rid of FakeClassPool adopt: because I don't like it.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2011-February/004285.html

Name: Morphic-nice.520
Ancestors: Morphic-nice.519

Get rid of FakeClassPool adopt: again because I'm a fool.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2011-February/004286.html

Name: ST80-nice.124
Ancestors: ST80-nice.123

Get rid of FakeClassPool adopt: again, because my glasses must be dirty.

(Apologies for double posting, the true reason is that my original change was getting rid of OutOfScopeNotification too but I did not want to push this one now)