[squeak-dev] FtpUrl >> retrieveContents

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 23:27:23 UTC 2011

Several things I don't really understand

1) why a temp password is shadowing the inst. var. password
2) why a temp useName preempts the inst. var. username
3) why decoding authority incompletely while the job should have been
performed by #privateInitializeFromText: already
  If it's the case, then the username@ has been removed from authority
already (or it's too late for reading newtork code...)
4) why #privateInitializeFromText: decodes the username/password while
#schemeName:authority:path:query: doesn't
5) why should 'SqueakUser' be hardcoded as 'anonymous' password in a
generic FtpUrl (OK, OK, I've extrapolated the generic by myself)

Shall the quality test be the understanding of code by a
network-agnostic fool like me, that this method wouldn't pass the
quality test.
But maybe you have better metrics :)

Nicolas