[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] Cog VM -- Thanks and Performance / Optimization Questions

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Fri Feb 18 22:07:04 UTC 2011

Igor Stasenko wrote:
> It seems that you guys (Stephane & Juan) both making same mistake. :)
>
> You trying to assign multiple different roles to Transcript at once:
>  - be a stream
>  - be a GUI element (can draw/update itself on a screen)..

I don't agree. This new Transcript is not a Stream. It is a logger, that
can log both to screen and to file. The stream like protocol is just for
compatibility. Besides, the usual mechanisms for separating view and
model are not used on pourpuse, this doesn't rely on a particular GUI.
It is more like Transcripter (i.e. the emergency evaluator).

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich