[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] SqueakSource down... again

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 19:43:16 UTC 2011

Hi,

Am 21.02.2011 um 19:31 schrieb Miguel Cobá <miguel.coba at gmail.com>:
>> at HPI, we have a SqueakSource with a GemStone backend. The only downtimes we experienced were due to necessary maintenance.
>
> I think the number of users that hit squeaksource.com vs HPS's own
> everyday is a key factor in the perceived performance and net uptime of each installation.

Those SqueakSource standstills *never* occurred after we transitioned to the now-running installation. Before switching, we often experienced standstills as well. That's two simple facts, and the number of users does not play a role in this observation.

I do not know the precise number of accesses per day, but around the end of the semester, when students are supposed to deliver their projects, it gets "hot". (I believe that, this term, we had some 80 students in 16 teams.)

No freezes.

Best,

Michael