[squeak-dev] SqueakMap for documentation?

Jeff G jgon.in.canada at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 22:31:22 UTC 2011

Hi Göran,

I understand your point that as things are now there is no way to
automatically roll back the code that is installed by Squeakmap.  You say
God knows what the class side initialization methods do when they are run,
but one other person also knows what they do and that is the person who
wrote them.  I am speaking from a position of deep ignorance here but does
apt know how to automatically remove packages or is there also another side
of packaging up software for the repos, which is allowing apt to know what
to do to remove the software and config files as well?

I remember that Andreas had worked on a protocol a while back to allow for
unloading various blocks of functionality from the image, such as Etoys.
Were the messages called "cleanUp" or something like that?

I guess what I am saying is that I understand that there is no way to
automatically remove the software and undo changes that are done to the
image, but could people encouraged to provide some sort of protocol that
would be responsible for cleaning up  as well as initialization?

As always, please consider this message as ideas and suggestions and not
demands or complaints.
Thanks,
Jeff G.