[squeak-dev] Test to Speech Synthesis in Squeak 4?

Dimitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 03:41:18 UTC 2011

Hi,

What is the current status of text to speech synthesis in Squeak 4?

Googling the topic gave me only the page [1] which in turn refers to
the KlattSynthesizer page [2], and also the Speech package page [3];
both Wiki pages were last updated years ago.

I tried to install the "Speech" package from SqueakMap, but it failed
to install. Does there exist a newer version or other packages for
speech synthesis?

In case a newer version does not exist, I don't mind trying to fix the
package myself.

I use Squeak 4.1, default build, with "stock" image from squeak.org under Linux.

Thanks for any ideas.

--------
[1] http://www.squeak.org/Features/MultiMedia/
[2] http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1112