[squeak-dev] [4.2] Inbox status

Bernhard Pieber pieber at me.com
Sat Jan 1 17:13:17 UTC 2011

Am 01.01.2011 um 17:46 schrieb Bernhard Pieber:
> Am 25.12.2010 um 05:56 schrieb Levente Uzonyi:
>> We should add these:
>> ====================
> snip
>> - Remove obsolete PackageInfos from PackageDepencencyTest
>> 	Packages:
>> 		Tests-bp.99
> Note that this requires an aggessive cleanUp before. Otherwise you have failing tests.
I would like to make this remark a little clearer. Levente proposed adding Tests-bp.100 to the trunk. This version contains an preamble to flushObsoletePackageInfos. Bert quite convincingly argued against adding this to the trunk because there is a small chance we might flush still needed PackageInfos in people's images. See:
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-November/154868.html

Bert suggested to do this during the release process instead.

So the right steps in my opinion are:
1. The release manager for 4.2 perpares a release image.
2. He calls Smalltalk cleanUp: true. This breaks the PackageDependencyTest.
3. He merges Tests-bp.99. The PackageDependencyTest should be fixed again.
4. He uploads the release image to ftp.squeak.org.

Did I make myself clear? Did I miss something?

Cheers,
Bernhard