[squeak-dev] History of #inject:into: and #do:separatedBy:

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Tue Jan 4 14:39:03 UTC 2011

Hi Eliot,

>     inject:into: is present in Smalltalk-80 version 2 and so has been there
>since Smalltalk-80 was released to the world.  I think do:separatedBy was
>introduced in VisualWorks some time in the 90's.  It wasn't present in the
>late 80's images such as VW 2.5.

Thanks for this bit of history, it does help.  Not that this topic is all
that important but I do think it is valuable to understand how to judge
things by other than their popularity.

Lou
Louis LaBrunda
Keystone Software Corp.