[squeak-dev] Re: The Inbox: Morphic-spd.507.mcz

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Wed Jan 5 18:58:01 UTC 2011

Tobias Pape wrote:

> I think it's more important to be consistent.

I used to feel the same way, until I read Andres Valloud's excellent
"Fundamentals of Smalltalk Programming Technique, Volume 1"
(http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/fundamentals-of-smalltalk-programming-technique-volume-1/5299835).
He has convinced me that the most powerful choice in projects such as Squeak
is for each of us to train ourselves to be perfectly okay with *any* code
style - it makes us and the system better.  Having said that, I will eat my
own dog food and stop sneakily adding spaces before the first line and
periods at the end of methods (my own preference) when I make fixes in the
system :)

Sean