[squeak-dev] Updating from trunk gets stuck forever at "Initializing ReleaseBuilder-cmm.51

Casimiro de Almeida Barreto casimiro.barreto at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 17:31:03 UTC 2011

Em 06-01-2011 13:36, Alexander Lazarević escreveu:
> 2011/1/6 Casimiro de Almeida Barreto <casimiro.barreto at gmail.com
> <mailto:casimiro.barreto at gmail.com>>
>
>     VM: 4.0.3-2202
>     As downloaded from www.squeak.org <http://www.squeak.org>...
>

> If you are desperate you could install a cog VM for linux. Here [1]
> you will find the latest version.
Yes, I'm using a CogVM and it works OK, except for things concerning
OpenGL (when starting a Wonderland it says me that I don't have graphics
acceleration & things'll take forever to run (which turns to be
painfully true). When I use standard VM GL works all right. BTW, I'm
using a NVIDIA GPU (7300) and NVIDIA device drivers (because nouveau
trully sucks).

To avoid this problem I'm using Nicolay Suslov stuff. But then I cannot
update without the risk of breaking things I don't understand very well...

BTW, if I use standard 4.1 image (as downloaded from www.squeak.org) it
will cause a core dump (Fedora) in CogVM. It's necessary to update such
image with standard VM and then use CogVM on the updated image.