[squeak-dev] Updating from trunk gets stuck forever at "Initializing ReleaseBuilder-cmm.51

Casimiro de Almeida Barreto casimiro.barreto at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 19:17:13 UTC 2011

Em 06-01-2011 13:36, Alexander Lazarević escreveu:
> 2011/1/6 Casimiro de Almeida Barreto <casimiro.barreto at gmail.com
> <mailto:casimiro.barreto at gmail.com>>
>
>     VM: 4.0.3-2202
>     As downloaded from www.squeak.org <http://www.squeak.org>...
>

> If you are desperate you could install a cog VM for linux. Here [1]
> you will find the latest version.
Just installed a 4.2beta image. Guess what: updates without a problem.

Anyways it would be interesting to know what the glitch is (to avoid it
happening in the future).

I think the problem must be around ReleaseBuilder but as I'm unable to
stop execution to iterate over the problem I have no ways of being sure.
What I know is that squeak tries to open a debugger brower and fails
over and over. IMHO, it should be a failsafe procedure in cases like
this (moreover because Alt+. won't work).

CdAB