[squeak-dev] Is there a Morphic Tutorial showing a complex model?

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Fri Jan 7 12:49:06 UTC 2011

> I'd like to see something done *well* (i.e. beautiful OOP) in Morphic.  All
> the tutorials I've seen are simple games, or with very simple models (e.g. a
> ClockMorph that just queries a time and updates).  Ideally, it'd be like
> Seaside's todo list example, where a user could add to (e.g. new task) and
> change (e.g. change task due date) the model, but in Morphic.

Hello,

I happened to just package the TaalPulse application by Guillaume
Pothier (from: http://taalpulse.net/) so that it loads easily in a
Squeak image (if you get it from the original website, you will not have
complete sources).

It's there: http://www.zogotounga.net/comp/squeak/taalbox.zip

To install, unzip in the same folder as your image, file-in TaalBox.st
then evaluate "TaalBox open"

It's a nice music morphic app; and an original front-end for a
non-trivial job.

Stef