[squeak-dev] Re: Is there a Morphic Tutorial showing a complex model?

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sat Jan 8 00:17:47 UTC 2011

On Fri, 7 Jan 2011, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Casey Ransberger-2 wrote:
>>
>> While I can tell that you're looking for an application, I figured I may
>> as well recommend... Cuis.
>>
> I'll take a look.
>

> Casey Ransberger-2 wrote:
>>
>> In the longer term, I would be ecstatic to see Squeak adopt the Morphic
>> implementation from Cuis. I simply cannot rave enough about how wonderful
>> an experience it's been to work with.
>>
> What's preventing this from happening, say... today or tomorrow ;-)

Someone has to do it. Without breaking existing code (or breaking as
little as possible). There was an idea to do it by creating a new kind of
Project (SimpleMorphicProject). I'm pretty sure that's the right way.
Common tools could be toolbuilderized. It doesn't have to be in the base
image, it can be a loadable external package.

Levente