[squeak-dev] Cobalt/Croquet game idea?

David Faught dave.faught at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 19:00:59 UTC 2011

Eliot Miranda wrote:
>On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 7:57 AM, David Faught wrote:
>> I have lately been playing with several simple graphical-logic games,
>> including a couple of highly addictive versions of Uncross/Untangle:
>>  http://smartboards.typepad.com/smartboard/games/uncross-the-lines.swf
>>  http://www.nonoba.com/chris/untangle
>>
>> and had the idea that maybe this could be done in 3D.

>Have you looked at Bloxorz?  My son loves it and I wish I had the time to
>play it.  Its already 3d and IMO very cool.

No, but I have now!  Actually it is very similar to one that is
available for Panda3D towards the bottom of this thread:
 http://www.panda3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7506

which the author calls a Cuboid clone.  This version has the Python
source available along with a simple level creator.

The other one that I really like is the commercial 3D game Portal,
which came in "The Orange Box" a few years ago.
There is a 2D version in Flash at:
http://portal.wecreatestuff.com/

Dave