[squeak-dev] The Trunk: System-cmm.410.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Jan 10 12:09:50 UTC 2011

On 09.01.2011, at 23:13, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:

> Chris Muller uploaded a new version of System to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/System-cmm.410.mcz
>
> =============== Diff against System-ul.409 ===============
>
> Item was changed:
>  ----- Method: SmalltalkImage>>license (in category 'license') -----
>  license
>  	"This method contains the text of the license agreement for Squeak."
>
>  	^
>
> + 'Copyright (c) The individual, corporate, and institutional contributors who have collectively contributed elements to this software ("The Squeak Community"), 1996-', Date today year, ' All rights reserved.
> - 'Copyright (c) The individual, corporate, and institutional contributors who have collectively contributed elements to this software ("The Squeak Community"), 1996-2010 All rights reserved.

I appreciate the idea, but when I fire up a 4.2 image two years from now it should not say 2012.

Instead, you could have ReleaseBuilder check that the ('1996-', Date today year) string appears in the license.

In Etoys we do something similar (its release builder checks that the copyright in the separate license file literally matches the one in the image).

- Bert -