[squeak-dev] Reverting changes (Re: The Inbox: Morphic-MAD.512.mcz)

Michael Davies mykdavies+squeak at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 22:13:10 UTC 2011

On 11 January 2011 22:20, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> As general advice: Any changes you see that you didn't make, you need to
> revert. Committing changes you did not actually intend to make is a recipe
> for long-term disaster so don't.

Thanks for the advice Andreas -- generally I am careful to avoid this state
of affairs, but the presence of these particular changes threw me. I had
downloaded a clean Squeak4.2-10856-beta.image, and had run an update which
brought me up to 10881.  At this point, before I'd actually made any changes
directly, the Morphic package already had these three changes in it. I
wasn't sure if I was seeing the after-effects of some clever post-postscript
script clean-up, and that reverting these changes would thus cause a
regression in the trunk...

I've just had a look at an untouched 10856 image, and this also seems to
have these unsaved changes already there, which again is not what I would
have expected to see. Is there something obvious I'm missing here?

Thanks,
Michael