[squeak-dev] Squeak4.2-10892-beta image

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Wed Jan 12 20:31:05 UTC 2011

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011, Chris Muller wrote:

> I've just posted a new beta image at:
>
>   ftp://ftp.squeak.org/4.2/
>
> This one does not have wrecked PackageInfo's, and has most (but not
> all) of the aesthetic changes for 4.2.
>
> The test suite is looking better:
>
> 'CompilerExceptionsTest>>#testUnusedVariable

This one is new, I'd be happy if someone could have a look at it.

> DecompilerTests>>#testDecompileLoopWithMovingLimit

This is hard to fix, maybe impossible.

> DecompilerTests>>#testDecompilerInClassesMAtoMM
> DecompilerTests>>#testDecompilerInClassesSNtoSZ

There are fixes in the Inbox for these 2, I'll integrate them soon.

> ExceptionTests>>#testHandlerFromAction

Also a new one. We probably won't fix it in this release.

> MCPackageTest>>#testUnload

This one is failing randomly. It would be nice if we could save the
stack trace when it's failing.

> MirrorPrimitiveTests>>#testMirrorAt
> MirrorPrimitiveTests>>#testMirrorInstVarAt

These are VM related unexpected passes. For some reason these two are
passing with SqueakVM 4.0.2.

> MorphicUIBugTest>>#testShowAllBinParts

Random.

> ProcessTest>>#testAtomicSuspend

New one. I guess it's VM related.

> SMDependencyTest>>#test2

Random.

> StandardSystemFontsTest>>#testRestoreDefaultFonts

Random.

So we have:
4 that fail randomly
3 VM related
3 waiting to be fixed
2 fixed

So in the end we shouldn't have more than 3. :)

Levente