[squeak-dev] Xtreams up to date

mkobetic at gmail.com mkobetic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 14:59:32 UTC 2011

Hi Edgar,

"Edgar J. De Cleene"<edgardec2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On the loading 'Compiling Xtreams-Support-MartinKobetic.6' debug show and
> say
>
> EVPNothing more expected ->_get_digestbyname: id
>     <cdecl: EVP_MD * 'EVP_get_digestbyname' (char *) module: 'libcrypto'>
>     ^self externalCallFailed

Hm, this stuff is in Xtreams-Xtras not Xtreams-Support. My first guess would be that FFI was not loaded, which the above code would need. But I'm a bit puzzled by the error shown, which seems to me more like the Compiler not liking underscores in selectors. Is that a problem in Squeak ?

Anyway, if the FFI stuff is giving you trouble, you can simply omit the Xtreams-Xtras packages from the load list. All they give you at this point is secure hashing using OpenSSL's libcrypto. The rest of Xtreams should load fine. I'll try to load this into Squeak later and see what I get. Currently I'm using Pharo 1.2beta.

Best regards,

Martin