[squeak-dev] Stdio updates

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Mon Jan 24 13:25:13 UTC 2011

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011, David T. Lewis wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 04:23:13AM +0100, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> the stdio updates are finally in the Inbox. You can use this script to
>> load it to your updated Trunk image for testing:
>>
>> Installer squeak
>> 	project: 'inbox';
>> 	install: 'Multilingual-ul.133';
>> 	install: 'Files-ul.96';
>> 	install: 'Files-ul.97'
>>
>> Please review and/or test this code, because I'd like Squeak 4.2 to be
>> released with these changes.
>
> I have not really tested, but the changes look reasonable. Multilingual-ul.133
> appears to include some unrelated changes from inbox/Multilingual-sn.131, I'm
> not sure if this is intentional. A lot of methods are touched by this set of

Multilingual-sn.131 is intentionally merged as stated in the commit
message. It fixes the code which selects default text converter class
which is used for encoding/decoding the streams.

> changes, so if we are freezing features for the 4.2 release it may be more
> appropriate to defer these changes for the update stream after the release.

Yes, there are some changes which could be separated, but I didn't bother
with it, because it was in the same changeset of mine.

Levente