[squeak-dev] Problem with SyntaxError (was: 4.2 Underscore assignments)

Alexander Lazarević laza at blobworks.com
Wed Jan 26 12:41:36 UTC 2011

2011/1/26 Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de>

> [...] see if Compiler recompileAll barfs or not.

No barfing doing this in the latest trunk image, so I guess this means we
are underscore clean.

Just to double check I converted an := to _ in some method and did Compiler
recompileAll again
and got a SyntaxError on just that method. Fine.

What's not that dandy is, that even if you close the SyntaxError window the
SystemProgressMorph won't disappear.
It looks like SyntaxError suspends the compiling process and will only
activate it again when you correct the error and
accept the corrected code. Just closing the window will leave a suspended
compiling process in the system and the
ensure block to end the progress display never gets executed.
My proposed fix for this would be to explicitly terminate the compiling
process on window close. (See Inbox)

Alex