[squeak-dev] Squeak + iOS + wxWidgets

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Jul 4 10:10:38 UTC 2011

On 03.07.2011, at 19:30, Craig Latta wrote:

> Hi--
>
>     Has anyone tried writing an iOS application using (the latest)
> wxWidgets from Squeak?

Oh, I didn't know wx ran on iOS ... The only native iOS UIs for Squeak I know of are made using ObjectiveCBridge directly, and Mars.

John McIntosh went the first route. A couple of his Squeak apps in the App Store have native UIs. But he is a seasoned Mac developer. It's pretty much like native iOS programming, you have to know a lot about iOS internals.

I don't know about the current state of Mars. In his last blog entry Esteban wrote he wants to show something at ESUG.

	http://smallworks.com.ar/blogs/The+Martian+Chronicles/2011-03-14-The-fly-to-mars

But he didn't commit anything since March either so I guess it's currently on hold.

FWIW, has anyone tried to write *any* Squeak application on *any* platform with wxWidgets lately?

- Bert -