[squeak-dev] Squeak + iOS + wxWidgets

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 12:42:21 UTC 2011

Hi,
afaik, wxWidgets project for squeak is a dead project.
Also, it needed a different virtual machine,sSo I don't think it will run on iOS without changing things to make it compile.
Also, there is the infamous "3.3.2 clause" which now is changed but is still there (that means: I don't know, if you succeed on running an application with wxWidgets, you will succeed on putting it at the apple store)

and about mars: it is advancing veeeeeeeery slowly. My paid work is consuming a lot of my time, and also there are issues with Alien implementation and the new Cog VM who are taking a lot of my time for mars... and the others involved with mars depends on this to start working.
But sooner or later it will be ready... and working also on non-mac machines :)

cheers,
Esteban