[squeak-dev] problem with mouse button on Ubuntu 11.04

Ralph Boland rpboland at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 21:32:20 UTC 2011

I recently upgraded to Ubuntu 11.04 (Gnome Classic) from Ubuntu 10.10.
Now when I run Squeak 10.2  My mouse functions have changed.
For example, if I have selected a method in a Browser, then:
Right clicking is the same.
But while left clicking (or left/right together clinking, I forget which)
used to bring up the menu it now brings up the set of halos around the
window but just around the method window, not the entire browser.

In order to get the menu, I have to clink on the wheel on the front of the
mouse.

Why did this change and how do I set it back again?

I did check the Ubuntu System/Preferences/Mouse but didn't see what
settings to change.  I would expect that an upgrade wouldn't change
these settings anyway.

Regards,

Ralph Boland