[squeak-dev] OrderedCollection>>size fails in debugger

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 08:18:13 UTC 2011

On 11 July 2011 03:46, Ben Coman <btc at openinworld.com> wrote:
> Frank Shearar wrote:
>>
>> * Update your (clean/virgin) Squeak trunk image.
>>

> What is the best way to do that?

I always keep a clean one to hand, and clone it when I want to work on
a project. If you don't have a clean trunk image, you can download a
relatively recent image here - http://ftp.squeak.org/trunk/ - and
update it (click the mouse face on the extreme left of the top menu
bar, "Update Squeak").

If you already have your change in an image, file it out and load it
into the clean image. This allows you to check precisely what it is
you'll be committing and, just as importantly, will mean that your
tests run from clean state (like expecting certain methods/classes to
exist).

To file out a change, I usually go to Tools, Dual Change Sorter.
Usually, the changeset "Unnamed1" will be selected in the left pane. I
create a new changeset in the right pane (alt-n/cmd-n or through the
context menu), and copy the changes I want to that new changeset. File
it out, switch to the clean trunk image, and open a File List (again
under Tools). Navigate to the file you want, and file it in. (The
tediousness of this operation is why I usually write my fix from
within a clean trunk image to start with!)

frank