[squeak-dev] What can I say about Multimedia

Gary Dunn garydunnhi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 23:10:31 UTC 2011

This is with regards to my "How to Make a Book" book, built using a
book morph. What can I say about multimedia at this time? In the past
there appears to have been support for video playback, but I do not
see that in the current version. I understand the problems associated
with patented codecs, copy protected media files and proprietary
formats; I'm talking about the ability to display video from a common
CamCorder, Flip, or cell phone. Not YouTube, or Hulu, just self-made
movies. And where are we with audio? MP3 playback? Linear PCM stereo
(WAV format)? QuickTime?

--
Gary Dunn
Honolulu