[squeak-dev] Re: Request for adive on Profile

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Jul 22 18:41:35 UTC 2011

On 7/22/2011 16:07, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have produced a profile with DrGeo on the iPad in an interactive
> session where the user selects and moves math geometric items around.
> Underneath the dependees math item are updated and redrawn. The redraw
> is done so only morphs needing update are declared as changed.
>
> The time profile occurs for about 15s, but yet I don't understand from
> the profile where are spent the cpu cycles. Any tips to read and
> understand is appreciated
>
> Enclosed: two captures of the resulting profile.

It doesn't look as if these profiles are complete (you can see it in the
first picture where WorldState>>doOneCycleFor: only accounts for 21% of
the total time spent). It would be good if you a) include all processes
in the profile and b) copy the text into the email (instead of taking a
picture) so that we can look at the the various parts in context.

Cheers,
   - Andreas