[fonc] Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] Alan Kay to talk about "Next steps for qualitatively improving programming" at HPI in Potsdam

Casimiro de Almeida Barreto casimiro.barreto at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 14:27:50 UTC 2011

Em 23-07-2011 22:32, Juan Vuletich escreveu:
> Casey Ransberger wrote:
>> Drat. Tried to convert this, but I just get a dialog that says
>> "convert only works from a local file." I don't see an option to pull
>> the actual video file down, and IIRC .ram files are like trackers
>> that point at a stream rather than being the actual video data? I
>> have a feeling that the reason I'm unable to do this is by design,
>> but I'm not certain.
>
> I believe it is "by design" of the real stream server and client. But
> if the server doesn't disable access from the web server, you can get
> them. The http urls are:
> http://stream.hpi.uni-potsdam.de:8080/Archive/HPIK_SS11/HPIK_2011_07_21_01_STREAM_video.rm
>
> http://stream.hpi.uni-potsdam.de:8080/Archive/HPIK_SS11/HPIK_2011_07_21_01_STREAM_desktop.rm
>
> The smil file is in an attach I just sent to the FONC mail list, you
> can get it from there.
Ok, I downloaded the files .rm to my box (Fedora 15 i686) & converted to
mpeg (ntsc-dvd format) with:

ffmpeg -i $FILE -target ntsc-dvd $OUTPUT_FILE

So, I have both files in mpeg format. If someone have a suitable place,
I can upload files so other people can use them. I'm not sure about
copyrights and stuff like that...

Best regards,

Casimiro